Spring is slowly getting ready to make a grand entrance, but in the meantime we are left experiencing small glimpses of sunshine and warm weather. In this in-between time, why not get your kids excited about spring’s arrival with some fun eco-friendly crafts?
These spring-themed crafts by bloggers from around the web are sure to get your little ones excited for the change in season. They’re a great way to fill some indoor activities during those snowy, wet days. Explaining how re-using and recycling helps take care of our planet will act as an educational bonus for your child.
1. This rotisserie container ecosystem is a great way to incorporate science and craft time. It’s also a creative way to reuse those wasteful BBQ chicken containers.
2. If you’re trying to think of what to do with the stacks of old magazines you have sitting in your basement, try turning them into magazine butterflies to celebrate spring.
3. Get your kids excited about the signs of spring by making milk carton bird feeders. You can put them up by a window when you’re done and watch the birds come in.
4. For rainy days spent inside try these rainy day paper plate umbrellas.
5. Kids love to paint, try making these toilet paper roll flower prints out of used toilet paper rolls.
6. With the use of diapers, there is so much waste that can leave us feeling guilty, why not resuse what you can by making diaper box painting canvas. Turning your empty boxes into painting canvases for your kids is a great way to reuse.
7. When we do get those glimpses of warm weather, try encouraging your kids to go outside for craft time. These bubble prints are a great way to inspire fun and creativity while feeling confident about your child’s safety.
8. These bottle lid stamps are cute, versatile and lots of fun! What a great way to recycle and fill your afternoon with craft time.