Are you ready to be a GUARDIAN OF THE WILD?
Introducing Guardians of the Wild, the Calgary Zoo’s new on-park program designed to share their conservation action stations and encourage you to take action to protect wildlife and wild places. This interactive program will help to enhance your zoo experience and inspire a visit to all corners of the park.
Here’s how the program will work:
- They’ve designated 10 action stations throughout the zoo where you will be urged to take
a pledge for wildlife.
- These pledges are tied to simple actions that we can all take in our daily lives to make
- For each pledge you learn about and visit, you will be given a unique code to that action
- Once you have collected all 10 codes, or as many as you can, head over to the website and enter them for a chance to win galactic-size prizes including a trip for 2 to China to see giant pandas.
- To help you navigate your way through the park, they’ve replaced all of the existing maps
with new Action Maps that reflect this program (check it out below!)
- When you are visiting and if you have more questions, stop by the Calgary Zoo’s Plan Your Visit booth near the main north entrance or check the website!
- The program runs from July 4 – September 3 and the winners will be contacted by September 4. A full list of the rules and regulations is listed on the website.
The more stations you visit the more chances you have to win fabulous prizes, including a trip to China!
- Pollinator Yard Kit: Includes seed package, native plant nursery gift certificate, container pollinator garden, package of local honey, non-toxic lawn care package, permaculture garden tour.
- Food and Fun Basket: Chocolate gift basket from a Rainforest Alliance certified partner, Cococo by Bernard Callebaut, Coffee from Kicking Horse, lemur puppet.
- Refurbished Macbook Air sourced from GEEP.
- Oceanwise Culinary Delight Package: Gift certificate(s) to experience local restaurants and food vendors that feature Oceanwise products.
- Trip for 4 to the Burgess Shale in Field, BC including accommodations in Field, BC and guided hike.
- Gift certificates for Forest school registration and MEC.
- Camping gear package, oTENTik stay in Banff.
- Columbia River Paddle trip for 4, plus accommodations in Radium, BC, and a rain barrel.
- 4 tickets to Panda Breakfast.
- One grand prize trip for two to China. Includes $4500 credit with a Tour Operator to cover flights, hotels, and a visit to Panda Base at Chengdu. Also includes $500 spending money.