Looking for fun and festive activities you and your family can you do this weekend in and around Calgary? Here are our top picks for family friendly activities:
- This weekend kicks off IceMagic Festival at Lake Louise! Experience the incredible talent of international ice carvers as they delicately balance grueling physical labour with precision artistry in this 34-hour competition.
- While you’re in Banff National Park visit the 5th Annual SnowDays. There are a variety of events that combine history, culture and cutting edge winter action.
- Learn how to Cook With Your Kids at the Calgary Farmer’s Market. Families can prepare a healthy dish and sit down and enjoy their meal together.
- See the connection between body and movement at BODY WORLDS Vital which opens at Telus Spark Saturday January 16. Understand the impact that healthy choices and lifestyle changes have on our physical body and wellbeing through this amazing exhibition.
- Visit the Puppet Pop-Up Studio: Year of the Monkey. Inspired by the Chinese astrological calendar and the upcoming Chinese New Year, W.P. Puppets will be making monkey puppets from paper and cord at the Chinese Cultural Centre.
For all the information about these great events or a list of other family friendly activities happening this weekend, check out our calendar.