Cooking is one of the best ways for children to learn about food and nutrition. Inspiring kids to appreciate food can be tough, so for parents of picky eaters these five suggestions might help. After all, kids are more likely to try something that they’ve had hand in helping to pick and prepare.
- Indulge in a cool treat at one of Calgary’s fabulous ice cream shops.
- Get some local fruits and veggies at a Farmers’ Market.
- Try out one of the amazing brunch items at Yellow Door Bistro
- Experience the flavors of Calgary at Taste of Calgary.
- Make a pie with berries you picked yourself at the Saskatoon Farm in Okotoks.
For more great summer ideas for all ages, check out our super “Summer in the City” activity list by Nanica Brown! http://www.calgaryschild.com/family-fun/activities/1924-summer-in-the-city-check-out-all-the-fun-in-calgary